What's Planned Inside?
Many people will remember what Rothesay Pavilion was like inside before, but how will it look after the rebuild? Well, the central features of the building that make it so distinctive will remain including the main hall, central staircase, box office and cafe. Other spaces that were less used, will be reconfigured to bring them into general use and some new spaces will be added, particularly on the rooftop. Here is a summary of what is included after the restoration:
- Fully refurbished main auditorium, programmed with major classical and contemporary music, theatre, comedy and dance as well as weddings, conferences and community celebrations
- 260 m2 space for temporary exhibitions (shows from Glasgow Museums or national museums, contemporary artist & photographer solo shows)
- Interpretation space showing the history of the Pavilion, with film and audio
- A new second venue (100 capacity) with own separate entrance, programmed weekly with youth bands, DJs, comedy, folk and jazz nights
- A fully refurbished café, open all year round selling local produce
- Two licensed bars, servicing events in both venues
- Shop and box office, selling quality merchandise
- New roof top multi-function space with superb sea views for receptions, training, meetings, yoga classes etc.
- New roof top floor offices/studios
- Roof top music and media studio for new youth group
- Refurbished ‘caretaker’s house’ available for small studio and office facilities to support new and emerging creative industries businesses and sole traders
The Pavilion will also create 26 new posts and support four small businesses
For full details please visit the Argyll and Bute Council Planning Portal. There are 5 entries for Rothesay Pavilion: PP = Planning Permission and LIB =Listed Building Consent. 14/018726/PP, 14/01827/LIB, 15/02181/LIB, 17/00950/PP and 17/00951/LIB.